Welcome to another of the CBA’s regular e-mails. Best wishes for a joyful celebration of Christmas and a prayer of blessing various outreach events in our communities to touch the lives of those who attend.
Geoff, Stephen, Colin, & Graham
CBA Regional Team
TRANSFORMING CHURCH CONFLICT. This acclaimed course is designed to increase participants’ self-awareness, to transform their attitude towards conflict and to equip them with practical skills for working with disagreement and conflict. The next courses are:
o 21-26 June 2015 in Hertfordshire. The early bird deadline is 30 March, which offers a £75 saving and 20-25 September 2015 in Hertfordshire. The early bird deadline is 29 June.
- Our family systems course, Leading with Emotional Maturity, is being held twice from 19-22 October 2015 in Hertfordshire. The early bird deadline is 28 July, giving a £50 saving. The course is intended for church leaders, especially clergy and other ordained ministers, to help them reflect on their family of origin, and how this affects their ministry and the handling of the conflicts that play out in their context. All applications should be made online through our website: http://www.bbministries.org.uk/training/training
– January 24th at North Bushey. The list for this seminar is now closed
– March 21st: morning session for new workers and those wishing to refresh their awareness at Walsworth Road Baptist church, Hitchin.
- Nominations close for the Association Council on December 15th
- The Association is seeking a volunteer to represent on the BMS World Mission Council of Reference. Responsibilities include 2 two-day gatherings in Birmingham. If you are interested, please have a word with Stephen Copson or Graham Clarke.
- There is a vacancy for the Standing Advisory Committee for Religious Education in Bucks. Termly daytime meetings. Required: rooted in local church, interested in religious education and willing to work harmoniously with people of other denominations and other faiths in partnership with representatives of the local authority. In the first instance, talk to Stephen Copson or Graham Clarke.
Please be thinking about people who might benefit from attending a Footsteps course from September 2015. 10 Saturdays in Milton Keynes. This is intended for people who wish to expand their understandings and explore their faith in a learning community. For details, see the Association website www.centralba.org.uk
ASSOCIATION TREASURER. A new Treasurer is needed by AGM in June 2015. Do you have anyone in your congregation who would have experience, time and interest to discuss this important role in the life of the Association and its churches? For information contact Chris Winter-Goodwin or Graham Clarke.
PRAYER CROSSES. One of the two Prayer Crosses that began their journey at the BU Assembly this year is wending its way across the Association during November and December. A number of our churches asked to host it, and covered as it is with many churches ‘signatures’ it stands as a visual reminder of our interconnection one with the other.
BUCKS FORUM. The Bucks Forum enjoyed another of their bi-annual ‘Celebrations’ when members packed into the recently renovated premises of Princes Risborough BC. The service began with Colin Pye encouraging those present to join him around the WELL that has been revealed during said renovations. It was once the well from which water was drawn to fill the baptistry, and is now covered with glass and beautifully lit, and stands not only as a wonderful reminder of the past, but also of the living water from which we all can drink. The churches represented were asked to add their churches name to the Prayer Cross that is present in the association during November and December, worship was led by the home band, and Geoff Colmer preached on barefooted discipleship. A ‘good to be together’ evening was had by all we think.
HOME MISSION. There is a new CBA Home Mission powerpoint presentation. Please use this to promote Home Mission in your churches. http://centralba.org.uk/please-use-this-home-mission-promotion-powerpoint/