REGIONAL MINISTER VACANCY. The Eastern Baptist Association is seeking to appoint a Regional Minister/Team Leader. Please see link for information https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19iZajJSOVfSlRRNldzLXQzUjg/view?usp=sharing
HOME MISSION GIVING: The total from Central Baptist Association to the end of August 2016 is £178.067 and the equivalent figure in 2015 was £171.422. Many thanks to everyone for their continued generosity in supporting and enabling ministry and mission through various elements of the Baptist Union life.
The autumn edition of CENTRAL NEWS can be viewed / downloaded from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6fLrh-DJAx-LTRfeEVJVkQzbTg/view?usp=sharing
- Lou Webber – Chesham Broadway – 3 September
- Stuart Earle – Stony Stratford – 3 September
- Amanda Pink – Haddenham – 10 September
- Steven Anderson – Biggleswade – 10 September
- Andrew McCausland – Seer Green – 11 September
- Steve Summerfield – Whaddon Way, Bletchley – 17 September
- Andrew Ginn – Bunyan, Stevenage – 25 September
- Helen Bancroft has become lay minister at Cornerstone, Thame.
SAFEGUARDING: The level 3 course at Tring on November 19th is fully booked. Names may be placed on a cancellations list. The level 2 training at Stony Stratford on November 5th still has places available, but it is fast filling up. The deadline to register is October 15th.
ALBANS CATHEDRAL OPPORTUNITIES:
- Wednesday 2nd. November at 11am: Preacher: The Reverend Dr Nick Brindley. URC Minister at Potters Bar URC. The service is followed by a Fellowship Lunch
- Special Activities: Sunday 23rd, October at 6.30pm. A Taize service held in candlelight in the Lady Chapel including, Instrumental music, a meditation, time for reflection and prayer.
- Thursday 3rd. November at 7.30pm. What happens after we die? Doctrines and disagreements in the Bible and the Church. This talk will look at the development of the belief in the afterlife in scripture. We shall also consider the origin and meaning of heaven, hell, and of physical versus spiritual resurrection – and why these remain topics of disagreement among Christians. (Fee £6) Tutor: The Very Revd. Dr. Jeffrey John. Dean of St Albans . (Tickets 01727 890290 online www.stalbanscathedral.org/learning)
- Saturday 5th November . Rutter’s Requiem for Remembrance. Rehearsal 2.30pm & 6.30pm Performance An opportunity to learn Rutter’s Requiem in the afternoon with the Master of Music at St Albans Cathedral, Andrew Lucas, for a performance at the Cathedral in the evening. Price £12 to participate. Tickets for the performance £5 unreserved, wheelchair spaces £3 with carer going free. More information can be found at: stalbanscathedral.org/learning/study-centre
HOLY LAND TOUR - May 2017: David Ronco (Hertford) is leading another of his popular introductory trips to the Holy Land next year. This nine day tour from May 10th - 18th is ideal for first time visitors exploring key Biblical sites in Galilee, Nazareth, Jerusalem and Bethlehem. As well as walking where Jesus walked the trip also provides unique opportunities to meet local Christians and understand how the Lord is working today through his church in Israel/Palestine. The party is now two-thirds filled, so book while places are still available. For information contact David on email@example.com. or visit baptisttwinningisrael.org.uk
ONE WAY UK CREATIVE MINISTRIES: European Puppet & Creative Arts Festival European Puppet & Creative Arts Festival Friday 28th October in Rugby. There will be hands-on workshops on puppetry, gospel illusions, storytelling, all-age services, ventriloquism, working with children and adults with learning difficulties and SEN, Messy Church, worship, drama, creative communication, gospel ballooning and more. Full details on the event can be found here - http://www.onewayuk.com/event.php?id=33736
BEDFORD FAITH TOUR. See the following link for details of a Faiths Tour on October 22nd in Bedford. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19iZajJSOVfMjM3VVd6YVZqakU/view?usp=sharing
FOOTSTEPS Pathway days please follow this link http://centralba.org.uk/footsteps-pathway-days/
When Jazz Meets Gospel: Saturday November 5th at Abbey Centre Baptist church, East Hunsbury, Northampton NN4 0RZ
Join jazz trumpeter and vocalist Gary Wood along with his band on 5th November for a musical exploration into the influences that the Gospel message has had on famous Jazz musicians like Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong and Gospel tunes that have become part of the standard jazz repertoire.
(Free entry but donations welcome)
GRANT APPLICATIONS: The next deadline for Central Baptist Association grant applications is December 31st. Application forms available from the Treasurer, Karen Hopkins.
CBA LOANS: Please note that, due to questions about financial regulation, it is not possible for the Association to make any loans at the moment, pending clarification
PASTORAL SUPPORT IN NEED: The Psalms & Hymns Support Fellowship is a benevolent charity set up for the relief of: “Widows, widowers and orphans of Baptist ministers, mission workers and accredited church workers; and retired Baptist ministers, mission workers and accredited Church Workers who are in need or hardship”. Please make sure that anyone eligible in your congregation is aware of the support of the Fellowship. For more information, go to htttp://www.baptist.org.uk/Articles/439340/Psalms_and_Hymns.aspx