Email Update April 2020
Remember regularly to visit the Baptist Union website for any announcements related to COVID-19
INTERNSHIPS: The Baptist Union is seeking to engage with young adults and one way that is being explored is the use of internships. Can we ask you to read the letter at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ehQCqSNDDJTXVY1Ca8MAV3FeMK4x5b6B/view?usp=sharing
and the list of questions at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUVF_aSsSKnVlrOMtlVpRDLBiVS-GHEU/view?usp=sharing
If anyone in your church and congregation has experience of internships, please respond to the Survey Monkey at the link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/825FJB7.
NON-EVENTS: In line with HMG restrictions, the Association is cancelling organised meetings for the foreseeable future. A watching brief will be kept on any changes. It is hoped to be able to re-start the programme when possible e.g. safeguarding training.
The annual Assembly & AGM on June 27th is one of the events that will not happen.
PRAISE FOR TODAY HYMN BOOKS: Amersham Free has a surplus stock of 120 Baptist Praise for Today hymn books. These are in good condition and bound in imitation black leather. Free to a good home. Contact Stephen Copson in the first instance if interested. [Of course, transfer will probably have to wait until travel for non-essentials is allowed again. SLC]
- Tim Deller was inducted at Speen just before the restrictions were announced.
- New arrivals in the Association are Shayla Merivale and Martin Taylor.
- James Findlow and Brian White are due to start at Mill End, Rickmansworth and Wollaston, respectively, but formal inductions may need to wait.
- Patrick Barker has accepted a call to Tiverton, Jonny Fillis a call to Haddenham, and David Fleming a call to Rugby.
- Fiona Penny has decided not to return to pastorate at North Bushey after her adoption leave
The next deadline for Association grant applications is May 15th. Application forms are available from the Treasurer, Karen Hopkins on email@example.com or downloaded from the Association website www.centralba.org.uk