Baptist’s called it ‘crossing places’, Anglicans & Methodists called it ‘Fresh Expressions’…. ‘Pioneering’ initiatives are springing up all over the place. Whatever we call it there is a great need to think outside the box in terms of ‘church’. Our new Regional Minister, Colin Pye, sees this as something he has a particular passion for, and if you have ideas to pass on or discuss he would love to hear from you. We want to start encouraging one another with stories from among us – good things are happening, so lets make sure we hear about them. In a recent presentation Colin said he would like to ..
- encourage the ‘missional communities’ idea of “freedom to fail and have a go”. .
- encourage EVERY church to be a Pioneer church?
- encourage a pioneering spirit among the 50 somethings!
- work towards a point where we are able to release Home Mission money for Pioneering.
- look to churches that are already Pioneering to share their expertise
- Perhaps have a campaign for the most imaginative project, with videos etc?
We have a strong Baptist leaning here already:
- Incarnate Network. INCARNATE is a grass-roots church planting and fresh expressions network for the UK and into mainland Europe. 500+ members benefit from networking with others, email news, access to members’ area – and it’s totally free, and led by a collective of church planting practitioners.
- Pioneer Collective
- Kahaila Cafe
- CMS Pioneer Leadership Mission Training
- Crucible Course
- St Thomas Church Philadelphia Sheffield